Home » A Letter from Fr. David
A Letter from Fr. David05/24/2020
I am writing to inform you that as of today, the Diocese of Erie has not lifted the ban on celebrating public Masses. I have read that the Diocese of Harrisburg did permit reopening of Mass on Sunday and that the Dioceses of Ohio are reopening for public Masses on May 25th - but again, Bishop Persico has not lifted the ban on public Masses here. I am certain that you may have read Bishop Persico’s permission for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and for the opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. These will occur in our parish but we must be following protocol of the Commonwealth.
For Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament:
• No more than 25 people will be permitted in the church at any one time. Please understand if we have reached that number when you arrive - you cannot enter.
• Please remain in the church for about ½ hour to permit others to enter the church during the time of Adoration.
• Social Distancing must be observed while in the church – no one may sit within six feet of the person beside them unless they share a household together.
• Masks must be worn while in the church during Adoration.
• Distribution of Holy Communion during this time is still forbidden.
• Formal Benediction will not be held at the end of the time of Adoration, due to the probability of a larger crowd than permitted for such a devotion.
For the Sacrament of Reconciliation:
• No more than 25 people may be in the church at any one time.
• Social Distancing must be observed when sitting in the pews and when in line for the Sacrament.
• While in line, there are blocks taped to the floor showing where you may stand while approaching the Sacrament.
• Masks must be worn by the penitent and priest at all times.
• There will be no face-to-face confessions - penitents must remain behind the screen for confession.
• After each confession, the priest must disinfect the confessional area - wait for the green light to appear next to the confessional before approaching.
A schedule for May 19, the day for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation is detailed in the Bulletin.
Fr. David Foradori
Fr. David Foradori